You can find me online at...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Celebrating autumn


Autumn is here. The days are getting shorter, the weather is crisper and the leaves are falling. What a perfect time to renew my faith and stand in my belief that good things are in store. Spring brings newness of life; autumn brings the harvest of how we’ve lived. The fruit of our labor comes into focus. It’s time for celebration!

Let’s get out the pumpkins, the cinnamon and spices for pie, and let’s light the hearth and gather 'round. Celebration and community give us excuses to flourish within our soul as well as to embrace our moments at hand.

The older I get the more I believe that the best is yet to come. And, it starts with today. Today is the day we have to rejoice, forgive, laugh, embrace, nourish and give. Even though life may be askew, we can still be filled with expectation for what the season will bring forth. Family matters, medical situations, diseases, financial challenges, loss of jobs, broken relationships and other trials affect our lives but we can still anticipate goodness. Blessings are bound to come. When they do, I pray that I won’t be so buried in defeat that I miss them. I pray for eyes to recognize that along with the autumn harvest God has a plan of bounty for me and for you.

Therefore, we can celebrate autumn with abandon and let our joy abound. It’s contagious and I can’t think of a more wonderful way to welcome autumn and this season of harvest! Sometimes, there are even welcome surprises of celebration and blessings.

I hope you will share my blog with your friends and family and revisit soon.
Until next time…Jennifer


No comments: